Slaughterers, Krokodar Unit

Slaughterers, Krokodar Unit

from Mierce Miniatures
Slaughterers, Krokodar Unit
Slaughterers, Krokodar Unit
Brudok, Krokodar Warrior
Brudok, Krokodar Warrior
Brudok, Krokodar Warrior
Brudok, Krokodar Warrior
Okkáv, Krokodar Warrior
Okkáv, Krokodar Warrior
Okkáv, Krokodar Warrior
Okkáv, Krokodar Warrior
Okkáv, Krokodar Warrior
Maskó, Krokodar Warrior
Maskó, Krokodar Warrior
Maskó, Krokodar Warrior
Maskó, Krokodar Warrior
Vókkinak, Krokodar Roarer
Vókkinak, Krokodar Roarer
Vókkinak, Krokodar Roarer
Vókkinak, Krokodar Roarer
Megálávra, Krokodar Slaughterer
Megálávra, Krokodar Slaughterer
Megálávra, Krokodar Slaughterer
Megálávra, Krokodar Slaughterer




Picked up this group of scorpions a while ago on when they were on sale. I got them to go with another crocodile I did a bit ago. Tried do once again incorporate water, waves, and beach elements.
This unit consists of:
Megálávra, Krokodar Slaughterer
Vókkinak, Krokodar Roarer
Okkáv, Krokodar Warrior
Brudok, Krokodar Warrior
Maskó, Krokodar Warrior
I looked at a lot of pictures of crocodiles, and chose the green variety to use as a their paint scheme.

Assembly:

Assembly was pretty easy, like most Mierce stuff. Which I appreciate.
The material is a type of resin that is both really easy to work with, but is still tough and holds a staggering amount of detail. Easily my favorite material to work with.
Mould lines were few and easy to remove. No milliput shenanigans or gap filling required, either.

Paint:

Primed with Badger Stynlrez primer, brushed on.
Miniature painted purley in oils. Mostly Winsor & Newton Winton line.
Took a few hours to paint each of the models. For the weapons, went with a stone look, which seems fitting with the kind of primal nature of crocodile-men. The armor was NMM, the few other bits of chains or rings were done with metallic oil paint from Gamblin and Williamsburg's irridescents.
Sealed with some matt varnish from Reaper Miniatures.

Base:

Custom made with a layer of XPS foam and PVA glue with sand on top for the beach.
Then the minis were pinned in place and the mini and base were painted together
Once dry, I glued in some miniature sea shells here and there, along with bits of grass from Luke's APS. Then I put some Green Stuff World UV resin for the water, and once that was set up, I plopped some Liquitex gloss gell on top to get the ripples and waves. Spread it with a bit of popscicle stick.
When that was dry, drybrushed the tops of the water with some white to make the waves pop a bit.