Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys

Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys

from Mierce Miniatures
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys
Mag ap Mag, Prifdynwocor of Powys




This was in the second batch of Mierce minis that I snagged on a sale. Not exactly sure what this thing is, but I think he is pretty cool. Like a troll/demon/bird hybrid. He's so cute!
Like all Mierce minis, there is a lot of detail on this model. The head and face, especially, are pretty big compared to the body, which gives a nice area to play with.
Really impressed with the quality and detail.
The material is a hard'ish resin. Not as hard as some, this was relatively easy to work with.

Assembly:

Pretty simple, as all the parts are rather large.
Pinning the limbs was relatively simple, and the parts all fit together without the need for any Milliput shenanigans.
Mould lines weren't bad and easy to remove.

Paint:

Primed with Badger Stynlrez primer, brushed on.
Miniature painted purley in oils. Mostly Winsor & Newton Winton line. The metallic armor was done with Gamblin metallic oil paint. Similar to the batch of trolls I did from Mierce, I made the spear to look like obsidian, which I think turned out quite nicely.
Took only 3'ish hours to paint the oils, then a few days to dry. Once again, oil paint to the rescue. Such a big time savings.
The darker "scale" pattern was painted right on top of wet oils without issue. As long as you get the thickness/thinness right.
Sealed with some matt varnish from Reaper Miniatures.

Base:

Custom made from cork.
The top of the cork was covered with crackle paste to create the cracked desert look.
It was painted with Daler Rowney acrylic inks, with some drybrushing with Vallejo acrylics.
The grass tufts were from World War Scenics.