Jörmungand, Troll Jarl

Jörmungand, Troll Jarl

from Mierce Miniatures
Jörmungand, Troll Jarl
Jörmungand, Troll Jarl
Jörmungand, Troll Jarl
Jörmungand, Troll Jarl
Jörmungand, Troll Jarl




This was in the second batch of Mierce minis that I snagged on a sale. I got a troll in the first batch I had, and I really liked him, so I figured he needed some friends.
Like all Mierce minis, there is a lot of detail on this model, which was a ton of fun to paint.
Really impressed with the quality and detail.
The material is a hard'ish resin. Not as hard as some, this was relatively easy to work with.

Assembly:

Pretty simple, as all the parts are rather large.
Pinning the limbs was relatively simple, and the parts all fit together without the need for any Milliput shenanigans.
Mould lines weren't bad and easy to remove.

Paint:

Primed with Badger Stynlrez primer, brushed on.
Miniature painted purley in oils. Mostly Winsor & Newton Winton line. The metallic armor was done with Gamblin metallic oil paint. Obsidian weapons I feel work well with the bronze armor.
Took about 5 - 6 hours to paint the oils, mostly because at first I painted the armor as iron/steel, then I decided to switch it to bronze. It was a lot of fun to do the verdigris weathering, which was all wet-on-wet with oils. After that, I set it aside for a few days to dry. Once again, oil paint to the rescue. Such a big time savings.
Sealed with some matt varnish from Reaper Miniatures.

Base:

Custom made from cork.
The top of the cork was covered with crackle paste to create the cracked desert look.
It was painted with Daler Rowney acrylic inks, with some drybrushing with Vallejo acrylics.
The dirt/gravel bits were flocking mixes from Luke's APS. The grass tufts were from World War Scenics.