Picked this guy up on sale, really glad I did. Always need a giant cyclopes with 4 arms. It'll come in very handy (GET IT! HAHAHA!) Like all Mierce minis, there is a lot of detail on this model, which was a ton of fun to paint. Really impressed with the quality and detail. The material is a hard'ish resin. Not as hard as some, this was relatively easy to work with.
Pretty simple, as all the parts are rather large. Pinning the limbs was relatively simple, but I did fill in a couple small gaps with some Milliput. Mould lines weren't bad and easy to remove.
Primed with Badger Stynlrez primer, brushed on. Miniature painted purley in oils. Mostly Winsor & Newton Winton line, with some Gamblin and Urtrecht tubes for good measure. Took about 7-8 hours total to paint the oils. It was really fun doing the skin tones, mixing in purples, greens, reds, greys, yellows, oranges. I tried to really up the light/dark contrast, which is something I need to improve on. The tattoos I just did freehand (first time trying tattoos), with no particular pattern in mind. Initially meant to just do the shoulder, but I got carried away. I toyed with the idea of doing his entire body, but that would have been a little much. Sealed with Army Painter anti-shine. I've heard good things about this, first time trying it. Gotta say, works great. Wish it came in larger bottles...
Custom made from cork. The top of the cork was covered with Golden brand crackle paste to create the cracked desert look. It was painted with Daler Rowney acrylic inks, with some drybrushing with Vallejo acrylics. The dirt/gravel bits were flocking mixes from Luke's APS. The grass tufts were from World War Scenics and Green Stuff World.