Beasts of Dirt-Dwell, Rot Beast Unit

Beasts of Dirt-Dwell, Rot Beast Unit

from Mierce Miniatures
Beasts of Dirt-Dwell, Rot Beast Unit
Beasts of Dirt-Dwell, Rot Beast Unit
The Arachnidian One, Midden Beast
The Arachnidian One, Midden Beast
The Arachnidian One, Midden Beast
The Arachnidian One, Midden Beast
The Gaseous One, Midden Beast
The Gaseous One, Midden Beast
The Gaseous One, Midden Beast
The Gaseous One, Midden Beast
The Gorged One, Midden Beast
The Gorged One, Midden Beast
The Gorged One, Midden Beast
The Gorged One, Midden Beast
The Pustulent One, Midden Beast
The Pustulent One, Midden Beast
The Pustulent One, Midden Beast
The Pustulent One, Midden Beast




Picked these guys up on sale. Technically, the rot best unit is just three, and the tentacle guy is separate. But I slapped them all together. Combined with two other midden beasts from a year or so ago, now it is a unit of six!
The individual minis are:
The Arachnidian One, Midden Beast
The Gaseous One, Midden Beast
The Pustulent One, Midden Beast
and The Gorged One, Midden Beast (not part of the rot beast unit, technically)

Disgusting undead plant abominations are always good to have around for any game. So flexible, they can be made to fit nearly any scenario from fantasy to sci-fi.

Assembly:

Assembly was pretty easy, like most Mierce stuff. Which I appreciate.
The material is a type of resin that is both really easy to work with, but is still tough and holds a staggering amount of detail. Easily my favorite material to work with.
Mould lines were few and easy to remove. There was one place where the arm attached on The Arachnidian One that should have had some milliput put in to fill the gap, but, alas...

Paint:

Primed with Badger Stynlrez primer, brushed on.
Miniature painted purley in oils. Mostly Winsor & Newton Winton line.
Took a few hours to paint each of the models. It was fun picking out the bright orange pustules, and I really liked doing the tentacles.
Went for bright and disparte colors for the parts, given that they are undead/animated beasties cobbled together of disparate materials.

Base:

Custom made from cork.
Used Green Stuff World's UV resin for the water. It seems to work best when used in smallish doses. I like that it cures super quick, I just wish larger volumes could be done at once. For these, it wasn't a huge deal as there wasn't tons of water.
I did use a couple drops of some Daler Rowney acrylic inks in the resin to give it the swamp look.
Once dry, I used Liquitex gloss gel on top to give some slight wavey texture to the water.
Flocking was bits from a sheet of tree canopy foilage from Luke's APS.